Frequently Asked Questions TLK Community College

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enrol in a course?
You can enrol in a course right here through the website. To enrol online simply search and find your chosen course, click ‘enrol’ and follow the steps through the check-out process. Alternatively you can phone reception during office hours on 02 4353 0017. Enrolments can also be accepted by post or in person at one of our offices.

What happens if the College cancels my course?
All courses require a minimum number of students to run the course. If the minimum number of students are not achieved, the course will be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the course commencement date. You may be notified by email, SMS or phone call of the cancellation. Students will receive a full refund if a course is cancelled; it may take up to 10 days for the funds to be returned.

What if I need to cancel?
Courses are non-refundable due to the requirement of minimum student numbers and varying course rate structures. Please note that changes to students work commitments or personal circumstances will not be considered as grounds for a refund.

Is the College a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?
Absolutely! To check the College’s scope of registration please refer to

How do I find out more information about an accredited course or qualification offered by the College?
In making an informed decision, potential students in accredited training should access the relevant course Pre-Enrolment Information Guide and the College Student Handbook before enrolment. This forms part of the ‘Essential Information’ that is available on-line ( or from reception, which you acknowledge as read and agreed to prior to enrolment.

What is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is “the acknowledgement of the skills and knowledge” that you have gained through previous studies, work and life experiences. If you are granted recognition in a unit/s of competency, you do not have to re-study it. If you already have skills in a particular field, you can apply for an RPL assessment. If RPL is granted, this will mean that you will not have to complete the course unit of competency.

Do you have current expertise relevant to my training needs?
Yes. Our trainers have extensive experience in the program and qualifications being delivered. They maintain their skills and currency through Professional Development throughout their employment.

Are your trainers and assessors formally qualified?
Absolutely. Our trainers providing accredited training are all certified to the latest Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent and are qualified in all subjects they deliver.